If you are a writer, rejection goes with the territory—so the above is highly appropriate. Unfortunately, the infographic is too big to fit—so I have had to shrink it this making it near unreadable. Accordingly, let me list what is said in the bubbles—and bear in mind they are talking about Abraham Lincoln.
- Age 22—He failed in business.
- Age 23—He was defeated for state legislator.
- Age 26—His fiancée died.
- Age 27—He had a nervous breakdown.
- Age 34—He ran for congress and was defeated.
- Age 39—He ran again and was defeated again.
- Age 47—He ran for Vice President and failed again.
- Age 51—He was elected President of The United States of America.
“What matters most is not how many times you fail, but that you never stop trying.