Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 26 2015. A writer today (blogger or otherwise) has to be more a sales person than a writer?

IT’’S A GREAT THING THAT AN AUTHOR CAN NOW BYPASS TRADITIONAL PUBLISHERS

VICTOR - SHOT BY MICK - WEBSITE 1

IT IS DEEPLY DISTURBING THAT A WRITER HAS TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME ON SALES—RATHER THAN WRITING

But 60% on sales! That is getting silly

The e-mail below is from a consultant who teaches marketing. As part of endeavoring to track the book marketplace, I subscribe to quite a few of such e-mails, Some are extremely informative. Some are pure hype. I have never worked with Ms. Hayden so don’t have an opinion about her general effectiveness.

Is Beth Hayden accurate in this case?

I have a suspicion that she is more right than wrong—but clearly a great deal depends upon the quality of the product and the marketing involved.

If you want more traffic, you've got to promote your content after you publish it.

Yes, I know that's a pain. But it's true.

You used to be able to publish a top-quality blog post, then sit back and watch as your perfect readers found that post in the search engines and shared it on social media.

But it's not true anymore. There's just too much happening online every single day (and you've got too much competition) to rest on your laurels.

So here's my little traffic tip for you: You need to spend 40% of your time writing and publishing content, and the other 60% promoting that content.

That means sharing the link on social media and asking other people to share it - anything you can do to send a little traffic toward your new post.

If you'd like to learn more about how to promote your best content and drive lots of traffic to your blog, join us for Beth's Blog Traffic School.

I'm offering a very special extra-low price on this course right now, to make it really affordable - and that low price ends this Wednesday night at midnight.

Registration is open now - click here to get all the details.

Cheers,

Beth

BethHayden.com 29th st Boulder, Colorado 80301 United States (303) 888-4999


1 comment:

  1. This is a most awarted to a google in a site.There are numerous thesis writing services to be had online from which you can pay money for an essay that gets together all your orders.thesis writing service Even if several thesis writing services are easy to get to from online, sorrowfully, lots of services are not authentic service providers.

    ReplyDelete