THE LONGER I LIVE, THE LESS I FIND I KNOW, BUT THE MORE I SEEM TO UNDERSTAND
HERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT I DON’T UNDERSTAND (EVEN THOUGH I DO IN A WAY)
- I don’t understand why it is so hard to explain to people who don’t write just how wonderful writing is.
- I don’t understand why more people don’t read.
- I don’t understand why it took me so long to realize how little I need to be extremely happy—providing I have what I need to write.
- I don’t understand why we think a system based upon greed is the best economic system
- I don’t understand why so many people are so profoundly ignorant about the day to day issues that affect our lives—and make so little effort to inform themselves or to do anything about it.
- I don’t understand why most of us seem quite content to wreck and otherwise despoil the environment and the only earth we’ve got.
- I don’t understand why we allow ourselves to be manipulated and lied to the way we do.
- I don’t understand why creativity and creative people are, overall, treated so badly.
- I don’t understand why interrupting people constantly with text messages and the like is seen as good thing—when almost everything worthwhile requires focus.