Saturday, October 2, 2010

IS THE WRITING THE EASIER PART? INTRODUCING A BOOK MARKETING DYNAMO

Image representing LinkedIn as depicted in Cru...Image via CrunchBaseDear You--

I'm introducing Judy Cullin because I think she talks a great deal of sense about the marketing of books. I have never met her personally but if her comments on LinkedIn Writers Groups are any indication, she is a lady worth listening to. The following is only an example of her approach. She covers the full range of book marketing advice. God knows when she sleeps. Her website is at  http://bookcoaching.com

The first part of what follows is Judy's pitch and my comment follows:

JUDY CULLIN: Want to Sell Books Other Than Yours for 50% Commission?

I’m not sure if you know about joint ventures that bring in a lot of extra income. One way is through affiliate partners. And this one is so easy to do.

What is an affiliate program?

Simple, it’s an arrangement where you are paid a 50% commission usually for finding customers, and so someone who has a product – say, an expert on book writing, self-publishing and online marketing with content, and this offer may be good. These are all digital books (eBooks) that are downloadable and printable instantly, so sales can go on all around the clock, all over the world, automatically.

Who Benefits? The owner or publisher benefits, because we know we can’t reach all the nooks and crannies around the world on the net, and 50% is better than 0.

You, the commissioned seller benefits because you don’t have to create a product which can be time consuming; you don’t have to setup credit card processing or even bill to a website, as far as that’s concerned. All you do is spread the word about a product that you like, and you get paid for it.

As a true believer in online promotion, I will also include ways to Promote with short blurbs plus you add the URL to your commission page. That means you can tweet these and add to your FB fan pages too.

How to Sign up for these 4 Packages

First you go to my site. You can get there with this link:
http://bookcoaching.com/sell-judy-cullins-books.php

Second, you register, and we give you a link that you then place on your website or in your email, and when people click on that link and buy the product, you as the affiliate, you who is the commissioned salesperson—will get paid your generous 50% commission (many folks out there give less than 50%) off of the sale that you were responsible for.

To see the 4 packages and register, go to http://bookcoaching.com/sell-judy-cullins-books.php

For myself, I’ve made a fair amount of money with these affiliate joint ventures and I will educate you on what promotions will work for you on FB, LI and Twitter, even your blog!

When I know your email, you will get promotions notices from time to time like this one:

Write your eBook or Other Short Book--Fast!

To guarantee your book will be a top seller and also bring you more business, then read this 100 page book that includes 5 special reports including "How to Get Testimonials from the Rich and Famous."

Your link here.

I’m here to educate and inspire you to reach out for more…

Sincerely,
Judy Cullins, Full-Service Book Coach


VICTOR: 

I must say, Judy, you are a marketing dynamo who talks a great deal of sense and who is downright generous in terms of free advice – albeit in the context of drumming up business. Indeed, if I was a little richer right now I’d retain you on the spot. As it happens, I have a background in direct response marketing (in my pre-writing days) so can appreciate the wisdom of what you are saying, but I wonder if enough do. I hope so because you are helping us all. I differ with you in only one regard: Though I accept your argument that authors should spend half their time on marketing as being commercially sensible, I am not sure you are giving enough consideration to the fact that most of us writers find the actual writing process extremely hard, and simply do not have the energy left to do what might well be to our optimum advantage. Also, many of us are guilty of enjoying the process of writing too much, and regard the financial aspects with some distaste. Such an attitude is not going to optimize one’s sales, but many would argue that the writing itself is its own reward. For my part, I’m currently engaged in offering advice on the core activity – writing itself – on my blog, but I’m going to set up a link to your website because I think we’d all benefit from an injection from exposure to the Judy Cullins approach. I look forward to talking with you directly in the future.


Victor.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment